We are pleased to invite you to attend the 1st Fit4Kid International scientific Conference "Fitting teaching for Fit kids", which will take place in Portorož, from 6 March to 8 March 2019.
The conference will feature new teaching and learning strategies in line with the modern lifestyle, the functioning of the human body based on the latest scientific findings. It will also be the first official presentation of Fit pedagogy, developed by Barbara Konda together with the Fit4Kid and Fit institutions in the last two decades, the Fit4Kid programme and the results of studies investigating its effectiveness. Fit pedagogy is a new and innovative teaching strategy, which brings to the foreground learning in motion and play as the most efficient methods in teaching children and adolescents. The conference will feature renowned speakers and lecturers in the fields of neuroscience, cognitive science, medicine and pedagogy, Prof. Dr. Manfred Spitzer, Prof. Dr. James A. Levine, Dr. Carla Hannaford and other invited lecturers from Slovenia and abroad.
The conference will offer an abundance of high quality practices used in all fields of preschool, primary school as well as secondary school.
See you in Portorož!
Barbara Konda, B. Sc. in Exercise Physiology
The conference is published on School Education Gateway (SEG). Participants might seek financial support from their own school or national funding bodies (including those allocating European funds), however the conference organisers cannot guarantee the success of any applications.
WHO IS the Fit4Kid Conference FOR?
- Primary school and kindergarten teachers.
- Primary school teachers of children with special needs.
- Teachers working in nurseries and preschools.
- Preschool teachers of children with special needs.
- Special education teachers, counsellors, psychologists, speech and language therapists and other similar professions.
- Headmasters of preschools, primary schools and secondary schools.
- Experts in the field of educational neuroscience.
- Experts in the field of cognitive science.
- Experts in the field of neuroscience.
- Experts in the field of physiology, especially neurophysiology, developmental physiology and sport physiology.
- Medical doctors in the fields of psychiatry, neurology, general medicine, family medicine, paediatrics, school medicine and others working in the areas of digital dementia and chronic non-communicable disease resulting from an inactive lifestyle.
- Health-care workers working with children, adolescents, the prevention of chronic non-communicable disease and their treatment.
- The entire lay society who would like to learn about new educational approaches and scientific findings in the field of educational neuroscience and other areas important in a child’s/ adolescent’s development.
An example of Fit4Kid methodology practice can be observed in the following video (RTV Slovenia report, Infodrom programme):
»We learn by listening, collaborating, being active and, at the same time, simply hanging out together!«
Students and teachers take part in the international Fit4Kid project which encourages movement and active participation in lessons, all of which helps them achieve better learning outcomes.
Video with English subtitles:
Video with German subtitles:
Video with Spanish subtitles:
- To highlight and present new discoveries in the field of the functioning of the human body and the consequences of an inactive lifestyle.
- To introduce the Fit pedagogy™ model (Fitting Teaching for Fit Kids).
- To introduce the Fit4Kid™ model
- To introduce Fit4Kid, Fit4Teen and Kit4Kid curriculum.
- To present the objective results of Fit pedagogy™ effectiveness during a regular teaching process (learning motivation, learning abilities, concentration and focus, behaviour, functional knowledge etc.).
- To present the qualities of a teaching practice based on the use of Fit pedagogy™ (diversity, dynamics, innovation, creativity, etc.) and the Fit4Kid model.
- To present examples of good practices based on Fit pedagogy™.
LIST OF MODEL PRIMARY SCHOOLS AND MODEL PRE-SCHOOLS
- OŠ Brežice
- OŠ Metlika
- OŠ Grm
- OŠ Loče
- OŠ Beltinci
- OŠ Komenda Moste
- OŠ Škofja Loka Mesto
- OŠ Prof. Dr. Josipa Plemlja Bled
- OŠ Frana Saleškega Finžgarja Lesce
- OŠ Žirovnica
- Druga OŠ Slovenj Gradec
- OŠ Mislinja
- OŠ Neznanih Talcev Dravograd
- OŠ Muta
- OŠ Črna na Koroškem
- OŠ Sečovlje
- OŠ Istrskega odreda Gračišče
- OŠ Košana
- OŠ Dr. Aleš Bebler Hrvatini
- OŠ Louisa Adamiča Grosuplje
- OŠ Frana Kocbeka Gornji Grad
- OŠ Vransko
- OŠ Lava Celje
- OŠ Ob Dravinji
- OŠ III Murska Sobota
- OŠ Jurija Dalmatina Krško
- Vrtec Medvode
- Vrtec Vrhnika
- Vrtec Kekec Grosuplje
- Vrtec Ivančna Gorica
- Vrtec Miškolin Ljubljana
- Vrtec Mehurčki Komenda
- Kranjski vrtci
- Vrtec Ringaraja Dobrepolje (OŠ Dobrepolje)
- Vrtci občine Žalec
- Vrtec Velenje
- Vrtec Rogaška Slatina
- Vrtec Zreče
- Vrtec Pobrežje Maribor
- Vrtec Lendava
- Vrtec Sežana
Please click here to see the map of model pre-schools and primary schools.